NOTE: This is for our Local UAW 1596 elections, not for the GEO-specific elections. For information on the UMass Boston GEO elections, click here.
TO ALL MEMBERS: This is the official Call to all members who desire to be a candidate for any one (1) of the ten (10) Local Union Executive Offices.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT VICE PRESIDENT
THREE (3) TRUSTEES
Rules & Regulations
- Eligibility: All members in continual good standing for a period of one (1) year as of 10/2/20 will be eligible for election to any one (1) executive office.
- All members in good standing are eligible to be nominated to any one (1) Local Union Executive Office position. Interested members must submit, by registered or certified mail, a nomination form to UAW Local 1596 Election Committee 960 Turnpike Street, Suite 2C, Canton, MA 02021 (Local 1596 By-Laws Article 13, Section 11). Nominations open on 9/25/20 and all nomination forms must be in UAW Local 1596 office by close of business on 10/14/20 in order to be included on the ballot. Nomination forms can be obtained from your steward.
- Candidates shall have the right within thirty (30) days of the election (9/25/20 to 10/20/20) to inspect the mailing list containing the names and last known addresses of all members eligible to vote. Candidates do not have the right to copy the membership list, only the right to inspect and/or compare it with a personal list of members. The ballots will be mailed out on 10/20/20.
- Each candidate shall have a right to have one (1) challenger present when the votes are tabulated provided that such challenger shall be a member of the Local Union and any cost shall be borne by the candidate. (International Constitution Article 38, Section 10-g).
- Ballots must be returned no later than the close of business on10/28/20. The ballots will be counted at the UAW office at 960 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA.
- If necessary, a runoff election will be held on 11/9/20.
- You can download the ballot here.