For Graduate Employment or Studies Questions; please reach out to us through email. This situation is incredibly fluid, and we are receiving new information every day.
Find below some important links that we believe are useful for all of our members:
UMass Boston Updates and FAQ
COVID-19 Information and Tools
- Massachusetts Daily Updates
- COVID-19 Testing
- Symptom Checker (CDC)
- How to Prevent Getting Sick
- What to Do If You Are Sick
- Who Should Take Extra Precautions
- WHO Guide to COVID-19 Mental Health Considerations
- COVID-19 Model Projections COVID-19 forecasting from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation.
- Coronavirus Tech Handbook A crowdsourced library of tools, services and resources related to the COVID-19 response.
Unemployment Assistance Support and Information
- COVID-19 Unemployment Information
- Apply for Unemployment in Mass
- Information on Pandemic Unemployment Insurance (PUA)
CARES Act Information
- What is the CARES Act?
- Stimulus Check – Did you get it? Do you qualify?
- Student Loan Relief – Coronavirus and Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Wifi and Internet Resources – In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Massachusetts Broadband Institute at MassTech and KCST are actively working with local internet service providers (ISPs) to offer new Wifi hotspots to unserved municipalities that lack broadband access.
- Housing, Food, and Childcare Services – Assistance with housing, food, childcare, and other services in Massachusetts through the United Way (or dial 2-1-1).
- Mass 211 – Important Collection of Social Service Resources all in one place
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – Application for food vouchers for those who qualify.
Food Pantries and Services
- ABCD Food Pantries – ABCD is operating five food pantries for Boston residents: Allston/Brighton, East Boston, Mattapan, Parker Hill/Fenway, and Roxbury/North Dorchester.
- Greater Boston Food Bank – Use the Greater Boston Food Bank’s Partner Agency Locator here to find help in your community.
- School Meal Sites – With school closures due to COVID-19 outbreak, many schools and community partners are preparing to make meals available to students when school is closed.
Local Support and Mutual Aid
- What is Mutual Aid?
- Massachusetts Mutual Aid Networks
- Boston + MA COVID19 Resources – This toolkit and resource list was compiled by the Asian American Resource Workshop (AARW)