This is the 6th contract that Graduate Workers have negotiated with the UMass Administration. Each contract has secured improvements for Grad Workers, but there is still much more that needs to be secured in future contracts.
2017-2020 Contract Gains :
- 50% Subsidy for Dental and Vision
- Increase in Scholarly Support Funds from $9,000 to $12,500.
- Increase in the number of GEO representatives
2014-2017 Contract Gains:
- Annual increases in stipends
- Health insurance subsidy
- Guaranteed tuition and fee waivers
- $9,000 for Scholarly Support Funds
- Annual orientations for new RAs and TAs
- Guaranteed letters of appointment and job descriptions
- Paid vacation during Thanksgiving break, winter session, spring break and all other observed holidays that fall during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Issues we are still fighting for:
- 100% Dental and vision insurance
- 100% health insurance subsidy for full-time graduate assistants
- Tuition and Fee waivers for summer and winter session classes
- Paid Medical Leave